Where was the $30 soda and slice of pizza?

I have found that one can easily slum it there.
I have also found that I can get a incredible dinner with drinks for
under $50.  My company per diem was $50 a day.  So I
slum it for breakfast and lunch, then have a really nice dinner.
Avoid the Aplen cuisine, it is not very good.

At most resorts, there are many options for buying food.  There are cheap
places to get a hotdog,crepes, pizza, sandwiches. . .  then there are places
where you pay.  Europeans in general, make less money then we do.   So it
doesn't take much effort to find cheap eats.  Chamonix and Morzine both have
McDonalds.  Picnicking for lunch is a very French thing to do.   There are
a lot of good wines available for less then 5 euros.  Plenty of places to
buy meat, cheese and bread (put a corkscrew and knife in your check-in
luggage)

In European resorts, there tend to be a lot of little businesses.
So very few of them have a presence on the web.

An easy way to keep your bar tab down, is buy yourself and the bartender
a shot.   They appreciate the gesture and will take care of you.
Try that in SLC.

I also try to find the ski bum bars.  They tend to be good places to get
the resort info that I am interested in.