everything changes...get used to it.

             T O S
             <TiredOldSkier@YA
             HOO.COM>                                                   To
             Sent by: Vermont          [log in to unmask]
             Skiing Discussion                                          cc
             and Snow Reports
             <[log in to unmask]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [SKIVT-L] First mag of the new
                                       year

             08/15/2006 12:57
             PM

             Please respond to
              Vermont Skiing
              Discussion and
               Snow Reports
                   .EDU>

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:52:01 -0400, Dulik, Andy (US - Jericho)
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Do you have a link?    ;)
>
>Maybe I'm getting old, but it seems the super duper super fat skis will
>do a great job of getting you to ski ON top of the powder, kind of the
>same way you ski on top of a groomed run.  I guess I'm rather old school
>and prefer my skis IN the powder.

Funny you should say that.  I have been thinking about how the fat skis do
allow people to ski stuff they wouldn't otherwise be able to ski.  One of
my
friends calls it "cheating".

You look at the old films of the DesLauriers,Greg Stump. . .  They skied
deep wind pack and made it look like soft powder.  They didn't just huck,
they skied beautifully.   Their turns were just as amazing as their jumps.
Now we see films with people that would be in trouble if they were on the
old skis.   Skiing is a dying art.