Looks like I'll be doing the Smuggs Bash Badge this year, plus some Chamber of Commerce tix for
Sugarbush, and the Skiclub days at Stowe and hopefully a ton of backcountry powder..

For the first time since moving back east in 2000, I will not be able to fly to the west for my
february or april vacation.   That leaves xmas time, during  which I can't imagine flying to a
western resort.  Anyone have ideas on what backcountry areas are guaranteed to have snow by
then?  Anyone else interested in a backcountry vacation during the last week of the year?