This summer, what with sailing, road and mtn biking, etc., my mind was
not on skiing.  But on the first day back at work following a
mid-August vacation with Ms. TSNS to San Francisco and Yosemite, the
ski jones hit and they hit hard.  Something like Stage I Withdrawal to
Stage XIV within 24 hours--a downright dangerous situation, I almost
didn't surivive the initial shock to my system.

Reading through ski guides of the Sierra, planning a spring trip in my
head; mulling over FFP projects to do; inspecting the quiver; and,
last night, a scouting mission into Poor Man's Thunder Basin with Mr.
Rogers--these are helping to ease the shakes, but I'm still hurting.

--Matt K.