On 29 Aug 2006, at 11:32 AM, T O S wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:03:00 -0600, Marc Guido
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> TOS, how about setting the line length in your email client?
>
> I view them by browsing the archives online.

Actually, I think it's related to MIME type issues more than line
lengths.  I'm a little fuzzy on my details, but a quick review of
recent posts suggests that anything posted in the proper^Wtraditional
format for email (i.e. plain text) gets handled correctly on both
mail clients and the web archives, whereas stuff posted in evil
formats^W^WHTML (even with plain-text alternatives) can be a problem
on the server.

(Personally, I prefer posts that don't insert carriage returns and
instead use flowed text, as the mail then displays at whatever width
I happen to have my mail-reading window open at.)

Back on topic, how about the erosion that the moose do to mountain
bike and hiking trails?

Kevin T. Broderick