On Aug 29, 2006, at 1:06 PM, Marc Chrusch wrote:

> Marc wrote:
>> >TOS, how about setting the line length in your email client? Most
>> of us
>> > can read it just fine.
>
> Alas, not necessarily an option (or heavily obscured) in all
> clients. Jimski's posts read fine for me. Some others have a lot of
> =20 and =3D inserted all over the place. I agree with Kevin that a
> lot of this likely stems from MIME type issues.
>
> Mig wrote:
>> If you read the list as email, it's fine.  OTOH, if you use the
>> useful
>> archive feature provided by the supreme plaidster, it don't look
>> too good.
>> Since the archive is an *official* vittler outlet, I agree with TOS.
>> I'm used to long-line Jimski posts, but some CR's would be an
>> enhancement.
>
> I disagree. The archive is, yes, an official, but secondary vittler
> outlet. The list is first and foremost an email based listserv.

Quite True.

> the only borked thing here is the archive browser that doesn't
> reformat text into liquid line length.

If you use the useful archive (web browser) feature supplied by the
supreme plaidster, and -- when viewing Jimski's posts -- you click on
the "Proportional font" link in the page header (to the RIght of
Options, under all the previous/next stuff), Jim's post wraps, almost
too well.

| Academic Computing Services       __0__                             |
| Room 238 Waterman Building       / \ | \                            |
| University of Vermont              \77                              |
| Voice:802-656-1254 FAX:802-656-0872  vv                             |
| aim:goim?screenname=maddogskideath      http://www.uvm.edu/~waw/    |