I just had Dell support ship me a new motherboard for free on a system
that is about a month beyond warranty.  The tech said they'd do that
"because it's this motherboard issue".  I asked if there was a formal
extension of warranty and the tech said there was but didn't know how
long the extension was for.

I hope you're right, Steve, about it being a one year extension because
we still have a bunch of barely-out-of-warranty 270's in service and I
can't afford to replace all the motherboards I expect to fry in the next
few months.

Vince

--

Vince Rossano
Information Technology Director

(802) 225-8690

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> I may be wrong, but I thought Dell extended the warranty on all the
GX