________________________________

From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dave Tisdell
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 1:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Web tools

NVU is a web authoring tool that runs on all platforms and is free and
opensource.
http://www.nvu.com/index.php
Dav

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If this e-mail contains
student information and you are not entitled to access such information
under FERPA, please notify the sender. Federal regulations require that
you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it
to anyone.

>>> Vince Rossano <[log in to unmask]> 9/13/2006 12:09:54 pm >>>
Techsters:

We are interested in changing the tools we use to create, edit and
serve our web pages and would like suggestions from those of you who are
doing this effectively.

We are not seeking tools for high-powered web developers, but rather
for those teachers and students who want a relatively painless way of
creating and editing their personal web pages. This would include
teachers posting assignments, announcements, curriculum, etc. and
students publishing their work to the web.

I should mention that one of our schools has been using First Class for
these tasks and, in many ways, it has been effective.  However, we have
several reasons for wanting to discontinue its use, so we won't be
interested in suggestions involving that product.

Also, while we would be interested in hearing about outsourced
solutions, our intent for now is to try to keep it all in house.

Here then are some of our selection criteria:

..Ease of use.

..Cross-platform (Mac/PC)

..Flexible enough to employ district-wide, K through 12

..In compliance with open standards (though not necessarily open
source)

..And, as always, "reasonably priced." (Whatever that means to you is
close enough.)

Remarks, comments, advice?

Thanks.

Vince

--

Vince Rossano
Information Technology Director

(802) 225-8690

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If this e-mail contains
student information and you are not entitled to access such information
under FERPA, please notify the sender. Federal regulations require that
you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it
to anyone.

believed to be clean.