From: Vermont Butterfly Survey [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
C & R STEWART
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: caterpillar ID

Encountered a long (2" +/-) brown/reddish brown, hairless caterpillar
with two rows of yellow spots running down its back.   It thought I
would be able to easily ID it, but have not with my limited
resources.   My first thought was one of the spinx moths but now
can't remember if it has a horn???   Any ideas?

Ruth

Charlie & Ruth Stewart
E. Dorset, Vermont
U.S.A.