The sun made a brief appearance on my way home today so, I thought I'd look in the field where I found the Checkered Skipper last season. This field was planted with corn this year but, in the one across the road was a Common Buckeye. This is the second I've found and both in Pownal although different quads. Also a suggestion. I have been seeing a lot of road killed Monarchs. If you need to voucher one for your block and are like me and don't take specimens of this species they are pretty common right now. Keep an eye out for any tags on the wings. Kevin