Dan wrote (and I quote back accurately):

... the SkiVT-L winter-sanctioned "no [Bogner] suit and wingtips"
("wingtips" of course refering to his split-snowboard skis). Is is correct.
I am surprised that everyone on the list did not understand this.

I guess that depends on what your definition of Is, is.  Should the middle
sentence have a question mark after the second is?  I'm confused.

Leigh