On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:06:13 -0700, Benjamin Kulas <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Scott,
>
>I'm going to be headed up to the Rincon Mtns. (Saguaro Nat'l Park East)
next
>weekend.  Any thoughts on the weather?
>
>Ben

Quick glance at the area via NWS for 8,000ft gives this forecast:

Created: September 29, 2006 13:22:01 MST
This Afternoon: Mostly sunny. High 76.
Tonight: Mostly clear. Low 51.
Saturday: Partly cloudy. High 76.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy. Low 57.
Sunday: Partly cloudy. High 73.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy. Low 55.
Monday: Partly cloudy. High 71.
Tuesday: Partly cloudy. High 70. Low 51.
Wednesday: Partly cloudy. High 70. Low 52.
Thursday: Partly cloudy. High 68. Low 50.
Friday: Partly cloudy. High 67.

It might just be me, but a persistence forecast looks like the way to
go...just keep throwing in "Partly Cloudy" with highs near 70 and lows
near 50. Maybe its just me, but what gets the forecasters down there
excited?  If I had to go a month of the same thing everyday I'd pull my
hair out.  I know its not that boring and from my two April trips to the
Apache Indian Reservation just south of Show Low and Pinetop, we had
frosty mornings and afternoon temps that reached 80F but felt like 60s.
Snowcapped mtns nearby caught my attention and not long after leaving the
reservation at 5,500ft we hit the reservation's ski area (of which I
cannot remember the name) and were quickly above 10,000ft surrounded by
snowpack.  I always think those short distance-large temp/weather changes
are pretty freakin' cool.

-Scott

-Scott