Well, this was meant for Alison. But maybe this is a teachable moment:
For me: be more careful about the "To" line in emails.
For you students: precise use of language will set you apart. This is
becoming a rare skill.
Two other favorites:
"parameter" does not mean limit or boundary. It means what you were
taught in your engineering classes: a characterizing variable, often
held constant when solving a particular version of a problem.
"simplistic" is not a synonym for "simple". Look it up.
And another lesson for me: stop pontificating.
Mike