-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Treo 650 Update for Verizon Wireless
Date: 	Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:18:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: 	Palm Treo Newsletter<[log in to unmask]>
To: 	[log in to unmask]

Having trouble viewing this page? See it online
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0SrU0Gn>.
To ensure delivery of our emails, add
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to your Contacts
or Address Book.

<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0OR10Gb>
*Smartphones*
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0PKd0GM> |
*Organizers*
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0PKf0GO> |
*Special Offers*
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0PKg0GP> |
*Software*
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0PKi0GR> |
*Accessories*
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0PKk0GT> |
*Customer Support*
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0N1a0Gp>
	*In this edition of the e-newsletter from palm.com
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Nwp0GG>... *

*- Treo Update: <#update>  *   	Treo 650 update for Verizon
*- Accessories: <#accessories>  *   	iGo Everywhere8, Palm® Ultra-light
Wireless headset + FREE Vehicle Power Charger
*- Software: <#software>  *   	Butler, SplashID
*- Tips and Tricks <#tips>  *   	Setting ringtones and alert tones
*- Write Stuff <#write>  *   	Treo in the Operating Room!

	Treo Update

*Treo 650 smartphone for Verizon Wireless customers*

Maximize your Treo 650 capabilities with the latest updates from
Palm.com. Download our latest release to get a variety of enhancements,
including:

    * Enhanced memory handling for opening larger web pages
    * Optimized Bluetooth® performance and added support for additional
      headsets and carkits
    * Adds Dial Preferences screen to Phone Application
    * Enhancement to Date/Time preference panel to address daylight
      savings time and network time
    * Replaces Wireless Sync application with Wireless Sync over-the-air
      provisioning client
    * Adds support for certain cradle-based accessories, including
      speaker docks
    * Integrates the Treo 650 E911 Updater to improve the ability of
      emergency room response personnel to locate users who dial 911
      from the Treo 650 smartphone

*Note:* Those who use the VersaMail® application that was included on
the in-box CD as the default email application should download the
latest version of the application here
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0P6w0GK>
after installing this Treo 650 update.

To download this software update, visit Customer Support
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0P6x0GL>
today!

	Accessories

*iGo Everywhere8*
Purchase price $49.99

Looking for a convenient, all-in-one charging solution? The iGo
Everywhere8 power adapter works with standard wall or in-vehicle outlets
and features unique itips^(TM) technology, so can charge multiple
devices like Bluetooth® headsets as well as your Treo smartphone.
Compact and lightweight, it has a retractable output cable, so packing
up is a snap!

Check it out
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Skw0GG%20>

<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Skw0GG%20>

*FREE Vehicle Power Charger with Palm® Ultra-light Wireless headset*
Purchase price $129.00

Now when you buy a Palm Ultralight Wireless Headset, you'll get a Palm
Vehicle Power Charger for FREE! Weighing only nine grams, the Palm
Ultra-light Wireless headset is Bluetooth®-compatible and features a
comfortable, in-ear design. Plus, it charges using the same AC adaptor
as your Treo smartphone, so your FREE Vehicle Power Charger will come in
very handy!

Check it out
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Pbn0Gt%20>

<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Pbn0Gt%20>

	Software
*Butler * by Hobbyist software

Free Limited Trial/Purchase Price $14.95

Think of Butler as your own personal assistant, one that anticipates
your needs. Butler contains eight sets of utilities, yet it costs less
than many single applications. You can set ringtones or MP3 alarms
(without an MP3 player), program "Attention Grabber" alerts, and
customize many other functions. Butler even includes a feature to remote
lock your Treo if you lose it.

For Palm OS: Check it out
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Skx0GH>

<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Skx0GH>

*SplashID * by SplashData

Free Limited Trial/Purchase Price $29.95

It's a sign of our times---password protection, multiple email accounts,
online login IDs---keeping track of so much personal information can be
exhausting! Simplify with SplashID and safely store credit card numbers,
log in IDs for online bill paying, and much more. SplashID uses Blowfish
encryption for security, plus you can choose to mask stored passwords
for privacy.

For Palm OS: Check it out
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Sky0GI>

For Windows Moblie: Check it out
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Skz0GJ>

*Want More? *
Check out the great software for Treo smartphones at the Software
Connection.
Visit our Software Download pages: Treo 700w/wx smartphone
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0PKb0GK>,
Treo 700p smartphone
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Pbs0Gy>
and Treo 650 smartphone
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0PKZ0GC>

Or you can download software directly to your Treo smartphone
wirelessly, by directing your browser to www.palm.com/mobiledownloads/
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0SrS0Gl>

	Tips & Tricks

*How do I set different tones for incoming calls and alerts? *

Know exactly who's calling you (and who you might want to avoid!).
Setting distinct tones for specific callers and alerts lets you know
instantly who or what is waiting for you.

Treo 700p smartphones:

   1. Press the Phone button.
   2. Open the menus by selecting the Menu button.
   3. Select Options, and then select Sound Preferences.
   4. Select the Application pick list and select Ring Tones.
   5. Select the Volume pick list and select the volume level.
   6. Select the Vibrate pick list and select how you want your
      smartphone to vibrate upon an incoming call.
   7. Select ringtones from the following pick lists:
          * *Known Caller:* An incoming call from someone in your
            Contacts or Favorites.
          * *Unknown Caller:* An incoming call from someone identified
            by Caller ID who is not in your Contacts or Favorites.
          * *Roaming:* A special tone for incoming calls when you're
            outside your home mobile network. This tone overrides all
            other ringtones unless it is set to No Sound
   8. Select Done.

Treo 700w/wx smartphones:

   1. Press Start and select Settings
   2. On the personal tab, select Sounds & Notifications
   3. Select the Notification tab.
   4.  From the Event drop down list, select the type of call or
      notification you want to set the ringtone for:
          * *Known Caller:* An incoming call from someone in your
            Contacts or Speed Dial list.
          * *Missed call:* A call you didn't answer
          * *Roaming:* A tone for incoming calls when you're outside
            your home mobile network.
          * *Unknown Caller:* An incoming call from someone identified
            by Caller ID who is not in your Contacts list or Speed Dial
            list.
          * *Voicemail:* A new voicemail.
   5. Check the "Play sound" box, then select a ring style from the drop
      down menu

	Write Stuff

*Treo in the Operating Room!*

I'm a General Surgeon and a lot of my time is spent in the Operating
Room. It is very nice to be able to sit down for a few minutes between
cases and email my eldest daughter in London, England. I also like to
log on to our local newspaper and see what's going on. I also use my
Treo to snap a picture in the OR when necessary.

My Treo 650 has replaced my beeper, cell phone, and PDA.

Christopher J. B., M.D.,FACS
Port Jefferson, N.Y.

	*Send Us Your Stories and Pictures*
If you'd like to share a story of how you use your Treo smartphone (at
work, home or play!) send us an email at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. If you have a question relating to customer
support, try out our customer support link below.

	*Contact Us*
Have a question? Our sales team is ready to help you answer your questions -
call 1-866-676-Palm (7256).

Visit our Customer Support Site
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0PKm0GV>
for more information.

Prices and Savings based on MSRP. Prices and availability subject to
change. Not responsible for typographical errors.

The content of this message is based on your Palm Newsletter profile. To
modify your profile or unsubscribe, click here
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Odj0Gq&[log in to unmask]&DMAILVAR_UNSUB=hbn0RJK6g0A0A0DK>.
Or, unsubscribe by replying to this message, with "unsubscribe" as the
subject line of the message.

Palm, Treo, stylizations and design marks associated with all the
preceding, and trade dress associated with Palm, Inc.'s products, are
among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to
Palm, Inc. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks
of, and are used to identify products or services of, their respective
owners.

Palm, Inc. 950 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085

©2006 Palm, Inc. All rights reserved.
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Nwo0GF> |
Palm.com
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Nwp0GG> |
Palm Store
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Otk0G8> |
Community
<http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-bin13/DM/y/nhbn0RJK6g0Grm0Nwr0GI>

--
Laurie Michael Gelles

M.A Education: Instructional Technology
Technology Coordinator, College of Education & Social Services

802.656.9605