-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathy DeWolfe
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Absent Voter Lists for Political Parties

Good morning Heidi,

A person who requests an absentee ballot cannot request that he or she be
"left off" the list given to anyone who requests the list.  The statute in
17 V.S.A.2534 states that the town clerk shall make a list of early or
absentee voters including name and address and that a copy of the list SHALL
be available upon request at the town clerks office.

Best, Kathy

Kathleen  S. DeWolfe
Director of Elections & Campaign Finance
Office of the Secretary of State
26 Terrace St.
Montpelier, VT 05609-1101
(802) 828-2304