From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cathi Feeley
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 11:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Faxed Ballots

Hi Ruth

It is legal to fax a ballot. You need to call Melanie Hodge at the Secretary of State's Office and she will make arrangements for you. This procedure was mentioned at MOMS.

I hope this helps.

Cathi Feeley

Asst Treasurer, J.P.

Town of Burke

"Ruth Miller, Town Clerk / Treasurer" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have had a request for a North Hero voter to submit a Federal Post Card Application for an absentee ballot by FAX and subsequently he has asked that I FAX him a ballot in Shanghai.  He has indicated he would then have to mail his completed ballot to me to arrive before election night.  Does anyone know if this is legal?

Ruth M. Miller

Town Clerk/Treasurer

Town of North Hero