Adam's enthusiastic post about Google products just weeks before Google formally launched its Google for Educators initiative (October 12) http://networks.silicon.com/webwatch/0,39024667,39163143,00.htm
 says to me that "Bruce" has some "Holy Intitution"  or "behind the scenes connections".

The Google for Educators launch was delayed a few weeks so they could put some finishing touches on some parts of the project, including the Educators web site  http://www.google.com/educators/index.html
which includes some new features that were not there a few weeks ago (BTW... note that WRITELY is now called Google docs).  Sure.. maybe Google is courting teachers, but, as  one of the blog correspondents on this project,  (http://www.infinitethinking.org/) the message we are getting from Google is that our post should be about EDUCATION (not technology).  We've been asked to showcase or write about  "deep learning" without putting tech tools in the forefront.  There are some absolute GREAT links on "The infiniteThinking" Blog   associated with this project featuring great learning tools and activities.  I think the Video and shownotes  highlights some pretty cool resources.  For example, if you teach geography check out http://www.juicygeography.co.uk/googleearth.htm#edit  WOW - what a resource.  Sneak preview (look for a Vermont school as a virtual field trip in Episode 5)

for the next few months I'm going to be looking to feature some  real "deep learning" examples in my blog entries for this project, and I'd love to include some Vermont stories -- so if you know the "must tell" story in this dynamic landscape,   drop me a note and let me feature it it a place where we can inspire the world about what we as Vermont educators are doing about 21st century learning.

Lucie deLaBruere
St. Albans City School