The freeware network protocol analyzer Ethereal does what you're probably
looking to do.  Just capture a sample trace of network traffic going into
your router (insert a hub in a link you want to analyze, and hook up a
laptop with ethereal installed on it.  Make sure you use a hub, not a
switch), hit statistics, endpoints, and it'll tell you how much traffic is
coming from/going to each endpoint on the network.  It'll do it at either
layer 2 (mac addresses), or layer 3/4 (ip addresses/tcp ports).  There's
enough info there to tell you what sort of traffic, too.  Once you know
who, you'll want to know how, and why.