Keyboarding:

We use UltraKey 4 at Montpelier Elementary at grades 4 and 5, with
additional word processing-based drills, and in grades 6+ at the
Middle School. It works well, does what it's supposed to do, has
great reports. It's advertised as no-frills without "distracting
games", but I'd rather there were a few games and diversions. From
what I see of "games" they all reinforce the skills. Different
generation, these young' uns. It has had a few network bumps but in
general has worked pretty well. They are pushing ver 5 with their own
server app but we finally figured out it wasn't a real upgrade, so
ver 4 (on OSX network) has been fine. If I had to buy a new program
now, I'd look for one that was 1) network savvy, 2) did I say network
savvy? 3)well-thought out in terms of key progression, quick tests,
reinforcement, and 4) a bit more fun.

Jeffrey Jarrad
Union Elementary
Montpelier, VT 05602