I added the software packages recommended here to the wiki I started at
http://learntotype.wikispaces.com/
I'll continue to add more to this space in the weeks to come.

Linda,  What school are you from?
Thanks for the tip on Learn To Type Jr.  Seems like this discussion was timely for me.   I looked. at the Read Write and Type program and am planning to also show it to our Reading Coaches.  It looks like this might be a possible way to integrate technology  to support reading instruction.

Lucie deLaBruere