We are using TypeFaster, which is a Free OpenSource typing program.
http://typefaster.sourceforge.net/.  Here is a quick review.

Advantages,
- Simple no frills
- The game mode is very popular.
- Teachers can customize the game words, and even the lessons.
- Free so students can install it at home and practice.
- Very networkable, and easy to set up
- Designed specifically for Schools.

Disadvantages
- Would be nice to have some better student typing statistics.  ie. words
per minute.
- Needs more repeat lessons.  Students usually go through lesson 1 several
times, but the pattern never changes.   The easy solution to this is for
teachers to create several lessons.

Bjorn Behrendt
Proctor School District
Tech Director