Sorry to hear that VT isn't living up to the hype this year.  Colors in
the Monadnock region have been excellent.  I'll give it a conservative 8
out of 10, not having enough years as a local to feel fully justified
giving out superlatives.  This is certainly the best of the 4 autumns
I've spent in the area.  If I get to count the fine foliage-viewing
weather, it's a solid 9, though.

My pics are all still on film, but this:
http://cs.newhampshire.com/photos/foliage/picture59.aspx is typical of
the Contoocook River valley these last couple of weeks.  This past
weekend's viewing from the Wapack Range suggests that peak won't arive
until this next weekend.

It wasn't an epic foliage season tour like Evan's, but I got my 3yo
Gabriel on a 3-mile ridge walk (more of a series of sprints in his case)
and even my 16mo Cassidy insistend on getting down on the ground and
taking her first 1/2-mile hike while collecting some colorful souvenirs.
Maybe I'm looking through gold-colored glasses, but this fall has been
fine enough that I'm actually waiting patiently for the snow to fall.

- Patrick