Ed Malczyk wrote:
> On Oct 16, 2006, at 7:28 PM, Leigh Daboll wrote:
>
>>  This is because the success of Rule of Law ultimately depends
>> upon it being a social contract that binds EVERYONE to ALL the rules
>> in force at any given time.
>>
>> Sorry, but Rule of Law is just about the most black and white of all
>> rules of law.
>>
>> Leigh
>>

> In a society that absolute, what would be the role of a barrister?
> The Leviathan's excesses in enforcement would be excused as necessary
> in maintaining social order in a society that is populated by nasty
> and brutish individuals.
>
> Hobbesian
<snip>
All contemporary philosophy accounts for Hobbs.  His philosophy is a
dead end.
Sorry, unless you actually live in a ghetto, Hobbs' is worthless.

Having actually been in places where Hobb's principles apply, I'll give
tours.
I'm not sure how often Dan gets to the wrong end of Harlem.  In college
I drove cab in Philly one summer, I've seen the worst.