Doh!  That was almost as clumsy as the State Trooper yesterday.

What I meant to say was:

I have no respect for police that tailgate, especially at 65 MPH and
cruise at 85-90+ MPH in the left hand lane (common in Vermont,
especially, but not limited to, southern I-89).  And then they have
the nerve to lecture people about safe driving.  While the police may
be exempt from traffic laws they shouldn't flaunt it, they should be
setting good examples.  Tailgating is quite literally threatening
someone with a deadly weapon and criminal behaviour from anyone, let
alone a state police trooper.

--Matt K.