T O S [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>- any parts of Paris I should avoid?

Maybe most of 'em? :-)

>I hate standing in line for anything.

You're going to the right country then- the French don't believe in
lines! Expect to use the shove & push approach at ticket counters and
the like. (It's fun to watch how exercised some British tourists get in
a land devoid of "proper queue behaviour". Between that and their
bumping into folks head-on while walking, Brit-spotting can be a form of
entertainment in heavy tourist-traffic areas. :-) )

But seriously, I haven't been to Paris in well over a decade, can't
really give you a vector here.

BTW: Don't bother visiting Russia- even now you have to stand in line
for nearly everything (but I've heard the lines are getting shorter.)

dana
_____________ ________ __