Justin Woods [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>my biggest suggestion would be to go somewhere else.  loved france;
hated
>paris.  but i'm not big on cities anyway

There's something to that. I've never been to Paris as a tourist, only
on business. But I like the Mediterranean coast- even the touristy-bits
(where I've spent much more time vacationing.) Paris is the only French
city where I've experienced overt animosity for being a foreigner (which
in Paris apparently means anybody not from Paris- even French people
with other accents are not given a pass by true Parisien chauvinists.)

When working in/near Paris I'd scoot up to Amsterdam for the weekends to
visit friends rather than hang out exploring the city. It has it's
charms, to be sure, but it's so BIG it's hard to suggest what to do for
a mere weekend. Paris has a cool subway system and a nice collection of
antique bridges though.

dana
_____________ ________ __