Ask Telenaut.  He has new T2X boots that he was fighting with last
year.  When he skied them on the regular 7TMs, he had severe problems.
When I put him on my 7TM Powers, he could ski again.  So the Power will
definitely provide increased assistance in flexing stiff boots.

As for whether you go releasable or not.. That's your call.  I have the
same dilemma right now - 7TM Power (or Power Tour) or HH.  I think I'm
leaning toward the releasable solution.  I've had some justified
releases & appreciate it.