Ask Telenaut.  He has new T2X boots that he was fighting with last year.  When he skied them on the regular 7TMs, he had severe problems.  When I put him on my 7TM Powers, he could ski again.  So the Power will definitely provide increased assistance in flexing stiff boots.

As for whether you go releasable or not.. That's your call.  I have the same dilemma right now - 7TM Power (or Power Tour) or HH.  I think I'm leaning toward the releasable solution.  I've had some justified releases & appreciate it.

Traven wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Surprised that I don't find any discussion of the 7tm Power Tour tele binding in the archives.

I've been using the 7tm for a few years on my K2 Super Stinxs with an old T2 boot. A very "neutral" feel -
low flex-resistance

When I tried upgrading power-wise to a Garmont EnerG boot, well... it doesn't work.  I suppose, not enough flex-resistance to bend the bellows.  Anyone out there with thoughts on the problem?

Do you think its worth going to the 7tm Power Tour binding?
Most of my skiing is done around Bolton/Stowe/Quebec, but I try to get in some time on western trips to BC or Wyoming-Idaho, i.e. avy prone terrain each year.

Forget about it - just use Hammerheads in the East and learn how to use AT skis for when I go West?

Your thoughts?
Traven