In my ongoing (and now more urgent) quest to get myself AT boots for
the coming season, I stopped by the Alpine Shop last Thursday and
tried on the Endorphin in both a 26.5 and a 27.0.  Murphy saw to it
that the 26.5 fit my left foot, while my right foot made a strong
request for the 27.0.  As such, I'll probably be going with a pair of
26.5s and some significant boot work.

While fitting me, the Alpine Shop boot technician checked my
alignment and then set me up on a set of ALINE footbeds (more info at
<http://www.alinesystems.com/Default.aspx?Page=wMeasDev>), which
included alignment adjustments based on a measurement from an ALINE
device and plastic tabs inserted under the footbed; she also placed
the footbeds under, rather than in, the innerboot.  I've been skiing
in semi-weighted (the form taken of my foot was made while I was
seated and then putting part of my weight on the foot, IIRC) custom
footbeds for about eight years at this point, and I have skied with
canting shims prior to that--so I know what "in alignment" feels
like.  The ALINEs felt like they were actually putting my body into
alignment and supporting my feet, with a lot less time and money
involved than getting a new set of custom footbeds.  Has anyone else
a) been fitted for the ALINEr system?
b) used ALINE footbeds in the field?
c) have any other useful input on 'em?
d) found footbeds under the inner boot to be preferable to *in* the
innerboot?

On a related note, who are the recommended bootfitters around here?
The tech who fitted me at the Alpine Shop seemed knowledgeable, but
I'm planning on permanent boot modifications and I'd rather like to
make sure they're right the first time.  PJ Dewey was highly
recommended by everyone's favorite crazed bartender.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kevin T. Broderick