Folks on this list are all too often quick to condemn
people for heading out into the back country
inadequately prepared and winding up in a predicament
and having to be rescued or worse yet have their body
recovered.

Their is a similarity here.  What she did was
perfectly fine and legal and millions of others do and
never wind up in trouble.  Millions of people ski in
the trees alone.  Millions go out in the back country
ill prepared and never have a problem and make it back
all right.  The actions increase the possibility that
something unplanned might lead to more trouble than
anticipated.

If she took the night off someone else might be dead
but she wouldn't.  In hind sight I have often
evaluated my own decisions and realized how lucky I
was to still be around. If I was a cat my nine lives
would have been gone before I got out of college. If
she was reading about someone else's misfortune it
might move her to change her habits somewhat.

Time teaches us lessons that help us change our
behavior and look at things we do differently and how
simple actions could result in serious implications
for ourselves and/or others.  Unfortunately, her
number came up too soon.  Jimski