> Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:57:46 -0400> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Snow Friday Night and Significant Upslope Snowfall Mon-Wed> To: [log in to unmask]> > On 10/19/06, Scott Braaten <[log in to unmask]> wrote:> > Closest event I can think of that looks similar was November 13-14, 2003.> > Look it up in the archives...> > Ahhh, and what a weekend that was.> > But don't forget November 15-16-17, 1999 - still my favorite early> season upslope event of all-time.
Unfortunately, I wasn't around for the November 2003 event, but I did go and look at the archive for what I wrote on the November 1999 event:

"This week, the Northern Green Mountains received 2-3 feet of snow due toa storm that did a "sit and spin" maneuver up near the mouth of theSt. Lawrence Seaway.  It effectively pulled moisture off the AtlanticOcean, spun it in a counterclockwise flow around the center of the lowpressure system and plastered the moisture on our mountains in the formof snow.  2+ feet is a great snowfall for any time of year, but for midNovember, it's outstanding.  Even with all the snow accumulating in themountains on Monday and Tuesday, near the lake in Burlington we didn'treceive much more than a dusting, even though we had a few periods ofmoderate snow.  Ironically, a very small system that came throughWednesday night gave more accumulating snow (about 1/2 inch) on theground in Burlington than the entire 2 1/2 day event."

I guess that's back before I even knew they were called upslope events, because I would have used the term if I knew it.  But, thanks to Scott's great forecasts and other information, I know a lot more than I used to.

J.Spin