> Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:29:42 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
>
> Wet snow mixing in with rain here in Colchester at 5:30.. yeeeha!

I'm not sure what time it started, but by 6:00 P.M. it was really coming down hard in Burlington (UVM area at around 400').  There's about 1/2 inch of very high moisture snow accumulation here at my parent's place in South Burlington (390.5' at first floor level) but the precipitation has now tapered off to just light snow (7:15 P.M.).  When I was out in Burlington earlier today, I remember thinking about how intense and wind driven the rain was, and wondered what it would have been like if it was snow.  Well, I found out just a couple of hours later.  Even though it was 36 degrees F, the snow was coming down so hard in such huge flakes that it accumulated really fast.  The windward side of my car was completely plastered and it actually took quite a while to clean it off and get the interior warm enough to defog the intense moisture that was building up.  It was an impressively intense snow experience.  It will be interesting to hear about what accumulates up high, but if it changed over a little earlier and lasts a little longer, a couple of inches should be easy to reach.

J.Spin

Try the next generation of search with Windows LiveT Search today! Try it! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.