From: Gilbert Fagley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, Oct 27, 2006 2:22 pm
Subject: [SKIVT-L] the never ending cell phone coverage debate

Well, it's time again to start up the cell phone coverage debate.

calling all Sprint/nextel customers, what is your coverage in VT and NH?

my sister currently has Verizon but were she is living now (she just moved), Verizon coverage sucks but we do know that sprint works (my
other sister has that and when she was up here, she could make calls).

my mother is on my sisters plan (Verizon) and I now have my sisters spare phone (Verizon).
as Verizon is letting her out of her plan (a couple of months early), the plan would be to change to sprint.

going through the SkiVT-L archives, the suggestion is for sprint/nextel plans is to get a tri-band phone so to get the most coverage.

so the places I would mostly need coverage would be:
all the major VT ski areas (Stowe, Jay Peak, Killington, Mt snow,
etc...)
I-91, Rt 7, Rt 100
Conway, NH, Mt Washington, Rt 16

I do know the coverage in Lanesboro and Pittsfield(MA) is good (a co worker has sprint) so we should be all set for hone.  coverage should be good for heading east in MA (the closer you get to Boston, the better the coverage).