On 24 Oct 2006, at 6:15 PM, Scott Braaten wrote:

> Radar and surface obs indicate moisture has backed into the region and
> will be transitioning to more orographic in nature overnight.
>
> Temperatures at this time are as estimated:
> 4,000ft: 26-29F
> 3,000ft: 31-33F
> 2,000ft: 34-37F
> 1,000ft: 37-40F
>
> Snow level is likely falling towards 2,000ft in VT and 1,500ft in
> NY with
> Saranac Lake now reporting light snow at 35F.

As of 1830, the precip at Bolton has turned decidedly crystalline
(it's been flurrying and mixed-precip-flurrying on and off throughout
the day, without any noticable accumulation on the bare spots); by
1900, there was enough wet, crystalline precip on the walkway outside
for me to slide along in my hiking boots (probably 1/8" or so, but
it's heavy stuff and should cover the thin spots nicely if temps
continue to drop).  I plan on posting an update tomorrow morning, but
it may be slightly later (in the 0900-1000 range) if conditions are
particularly promising.

Kevin T. Broderick