	What a difference a day makes indeed!

	Yesterday was beautiful.

	 Today is one of the rainiest, windiest days I can recall since
we've lived here.  The wind gusts are freight trains when they come
and the rain just pounds with them.   The temp at the house (~1200
ft) is about 41 F.   All I can think is... if this were SNOW --- Wow.

	In the morning when heading down into town (when you could still
see) the upper half of Mansfield still looked quite white even from
the distance, but the bottom half was turning brown, unlike
yesterday's top to bottom coverage.  Last night it was down in the
30's....

	Yesterday I  drove up for a close look at Mansfield. (No hiking for
me).  Even around noon there were still people hiking up Gondolier,
while others looked like they were packing up.   Nosedive and
Gondolier looked more than a little tracked.   The new transfer lift
station looks pretty complete.  There are some new parking areas by
entrance to Mansfield.   Couldn't quite figure out how the new
grading was set up for the transfer lift access to/from Gondi side
and Quad side -- alot of grading work in that area.

	The Spruce lot is so much smaller now it looks like many people will
simply park at Mansfield and take the transfer lift to Spruce, which
I'm sure is what the Mtn. Co. prefers with the construction going on
over there.

	Weather forecast mentions snow for tomorrow, but meanwhile I'm
wondering if the upper mountain is snow in this storm.  In any case
with these winds it must be nasty up there today... not to mention
Mt. Washington -- yikes.

	Don't forget to turn your clocks BACK an hour tonight.

	Carol