Joanie [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>I ask because I was told that there was never a recall issued at all on
>this so-called "bad batch of bindings".
>
>I'd sure like to know if there was.

IIRC there wasn't a specific batch of bad bindings, but a batch of bad
SPRINGS used in the heels of several models of Atomics ca. Y2K.  I had a
pair of Xentrix 412s that became the "step-out" variety after fewer than
20 days of use. Atomic replaced them no questions asked, even though I
was the 2nd owner (they came to my quiver nearly new on a pair of eBay
rock skis, and I'd swapped them over to a pair of GS skis.)  The shop I
used still nicked me $30 to process the warranty replacement transaction
(which seemed excessive, since I pulled the bindings myself and walked
in with the authorization from Atomic), and made me sign a waiver and
gave me a hard time about mounting them myself (also excessive.)

But it was still WAY cheaper than a trip to the emergency room! :-)

If the shop doesn't seem to want to deal with it, contact Atomic
directly and they'll refer to a list shops authorized to do the swap. If
it's one with the defective springs they probably want to get them out
of circulation ASAP.

dana
_____________ ________ __