<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>Saw only 11 skiers on the alpine trails
>
>Interesting that you say "only".  Just a few years ago you may have been
shocked to see that many
>people earning turns in one area  around here.  I'm not sure I have ever
run into 11 people while
>earning turns in Vermont.

Good point - looking back on it, that it is an impressive number of early-
season enthusiasts, but at the time it seemed like so few skiers relative
to the hundreds of parked cars (which I now realize were explained by the
patrol lift evac refresher training and the wedding), so I kept wondering
why so many cars were there yet so relatively few people were out on the
snow?