On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:31:09 -0700, Denis Bogan <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Skiing also was done (a couple days ago) on the Whiteface Memorial Highway

Yes, and I just realized that our buddy Bob (my partner for Otto last year
on Oct 18, and Jim's partner this year on Oct 24), not only holds perhaps
some sort of record for a non-local for a two-October Rockpile Otto streak
but also the perhaps never-before-achieved distinction of skiing both the
Whiteface & Washington auto roads in the same October and within only a few
days of each other.