On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:18:52 -0400, Tim Watson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I hope I'm wrong... but I imagine thats a drift in a single spot...    The
>mrg cam doesn't even show new snow at mid station... Hard to believe that
>there is nothing at mid and 2 feet on top...

Well it does sort of seem to show that something is going on above the mid-
station.  Hard to tell though, but visibility is clearly reduced on the
upper half of the mountain.

Just read a post on Alpine Zone of someone from Stowe claiming there is
15" of new up at the top.  Given the elevation-dependant nature of this
event, maybe the taller peaks like Mt. Ellen and Mansfield are getting a
nice dump on the upper 800' or so?  If the line between heavy snow and not
much at all is in the 3000-3200' range, that would be consistent with what
we're seeing.  Damned if I know.