> Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:20:18 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
>
> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:16:22 -0400, Nile Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> >The coverage was quite good above the Crossover trail. Tracked vehicles
> >turned it into a
> >strip of mud, so it was not worth putting the skis back on to ski below.
>
> Blasphemy! It is always worth being able to ski right up to your car: I
> keep my [wife's rock] skis on all the way from the summit to the parking
> lot.

I was up on the slopes of Mt. Mansfield this afternoon, and while I did pop my skis off for that mud strip, there was still skiable snow all the way down to the top of that new manicured grassy slope above (what I believe to be) the new gondola station.  It wasn't really snow for turning in that last section, but it beat walking and it could easily be done without encountering any rocks.  The coverage looked similar to other pictures I've seen, so I'm guessing not too much melting happened on the shady slopes.  I'll try to get a report out with a few pictures when I get a chance.

J.Spin

Try the next generation of search with Windows LiveT Search today! Try it now! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.