Mt Moosilauke - Sat 10/21

I rendezvoused with 3 old college buddies for a reunion hike on snowy Moosilauke on Saturday morning. It had snowed a few inches at my buddy’s house on Stinson Lake in Rumney NH (elev 1500’) on Friday night but had largely turned to patches of slush by Saturday morning.  We lost power early Friday evening but the fantastic scallop and pasta dinner was cooked nonetheless with ease on top of the woodstove.  Power returned around 4:30am.  Sat AM we drove up to the Ravine Lodge at Moosilauke to a winter wonderland. So great to see the snow on the ground and trees – winter is finally approaching and the world that I love it is now coming alive.  We were a bit concerned about the windy conditions, but the hike up the Gorge Brook Trail was generally calm, and we were only slightly slowed down by the snow and icy conditions on the trail.  As we came out of the trees, the trail became quite icy for a period, but as we approached the summit above treeline, it was surprisingly calm as we were on the leeside approach.  At the top (4800’), however, it was a fierce wind out of the northwest – we guesstimated about 20 degrees F and 30-40 knot breeze – water bottles on side of pack were freezing – quite bitter.  We made our way down the windward side (brutal) and into the trees – on down the Carriage Rd where the snow had drifted into mini 8” drifts and to the Snapper Trail and back to the Ravine Lodge which was closing up for the season.  A perfect segue-way into winter.  It could only have been better with about another foot of snow and rock skis.

Rick

NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: Any information contained in or attached to this message is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this transmittal, you are hereby notified that you received this transmittal in error, and we request that you please delete and destroy all copies and attachments in your possession, notify the sender that you have received this communication in error, and note that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, this communication is expressly prohibited.

Banc of America Securities LLC ("BAS") does not accept time-sensitive, action-oriented messages or transaction orders, including orders to purchase or sell securities, via e-mail.

Regular internet e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate, and it should not be relied upon as such. If you prefer to communicate with BAS using secure (i.e., encrypted) e-mail transmission, please notify the sender. Otherwise, you will be deemed to have consented to communicate with BAS via regular internet e-mail transmission. Please note that BAS reserves the right to intercept, monitor, and retain all e-mail messages (including secure e-mail messages) sent to or from its systems as permitted by applicable law.

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure:
Bank of America Corporation and its affiliates, including BAS, ("Bank of America") do not provide tax advice. Accordingly, any statements contained herein as to tax matters were neither written nor intended by the sender or Bank of America to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on such taxpayer. If any person uses or refers to any such tax statement in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then the statement expressed above is being delivered to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction or matter addressed, and the recipient should seek advice based on its particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.