 (please forgive cross-posting)
Our hospital is looking at various vendors for the EMR. The first "dog & pony show" is today, and I went to the first session where they did an overview. The evidence-based medicine content is provided by Zynx. Does anyone have experience/know about this company and the quality of their content? The evidence-based nursing content will be developed using this company, too. At present, the company in question is also investigating getting content from Up-to-Date, Wolters-Kluwer, & Thomson. All more familiar names, of course. As an LTAC/Rehab facility, I am concerned how the content relates to our patient population. And, if anyone has "long-term" experience with this product (Zynx) or other evidence-based content as part of the EMR/EHR, how does/has this impact(ed) your library services? Have you had any input into the EMR/EHR vendor selection process & were you consulted about the content links?
Please respond to my hospital e-mail address referenced below, not to this address.  I will summarize for the list.
Thanks,
Amy
 Amy Frey, MA AHIP Editor, National Network Health Sciences Library Hospital for Special Care 2150 Corbin Avenue New Britain, CT 06053 860.827.4875 fax: 860.827.4790 Work-related e-mails to: [log in to unmask]
http://spaces.live.com/signup.aspx