Hello Everyone,

Next week is Geography Action Week and Wednesday, November 15  is "Find
Yourself in Vermont" Day -
VCGI is sponsoring a Map Making Competition for school kids in Vermont.
Make a Map using either GIS software or online mapping applications and
submit it in paper or digital format. Winners' maps will be displayed at
the Legislature in Decemeber! Kids can make their maps using the VT GIS
Basemap application at our web site and we have posted a video
demonstrating how to use the Basemap!

Please visit our web site for more information as well a a list of GIS
open houses around the state and links to online mapping applications
focused on Africa (this year's Geography Action Week theme):
http://www.vcgi.org/gisday

Leslie Pelch
Outreach Coordinator
Vermont Center for Geographic Information, Inc.
58 South Main Street, Suite 2
Waterbury, VT 05676
(Tel) 802-882-3002
(Fax) 802-882-3001