________________________________

From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Webb
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: JAVA

Dear List,
I noticed that Sun open sourced it's Java development environment which
is a cross platform environment. It was noted that this would be helpful
to education. The SIS system most of OWSU is a Java based application.
Are any of us familiar enough with Java to teach others about it? Are
there applications we could be developing that would be helpful to all
of us? Is there a Vermont based open source community who could advise
Vermont educators how they can make use of this resource.
David

David Webb

believed to be clean.