Cable typically wont have enough uplink (usually 256), depending on who provides you service, there is a "Premium" service that can get you an uplink of 850 or 1024  which would be enough for this... providing you aren't using the cable for anything else.

As for the VPN, you don't need to worry about what you are connecting to.  That VPN is only going to go as fast as the slowest connection (cable).  It will work just fine otherwise.

Mike Vining, SB Network Services

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Webb
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 7:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Standards database

Thanks Bill,
I distributed the disk for the VLN to Chelsea and was talking about it with Ray in Royalton. He informs me that our cable connection can't handle the upload requirement for this system. Would a VPN with a T1 connected to it work even though the VPN was running over the cable connection? Cynthia and I are doing erate RFP's this afternoon so I am wondering if we should be applying for the infrastructure to do this.
David