Thanks to Scott's report, and my sitting at the computer at the same time,
I was able to actually get on a Purple Sandpiper report quick enough to see
one in VT!

Roy Pilcher also very fortunately happened to show up at Shelburne Bay at
the same time, after checking Shelburne Point for the Harlequin, not
knowing about the sandpiper.
The sandpiper was then just to the right of the shallow launch spot near
the big rock, feeding actively in the shallow water.
It was still there about noon when we left.
Have a good weekend in this sun, Larry Haugh (Shelburne)

BTW, Roy got a whole series of photo shots of the bird from close up, so
hopefully those will turn out.

I also briefly checked the westward looking beach area on Shelburne Point
from my car with my bino (there are all kinds of no parking signs in that
area); but didn't see any of the grebes or Harlequin, just mallards and
black ducks were in close; but I didn't scope out further.