Hi all,
Since Greg mentioned trying for the Harlequin; I just wanted to let you
know my experience today, Tuesday.
I checked Charlotte Town and Shelburne Beaches, Shelburne boat access and
Shelburne Point today in the late morning, probably being at the Point
around 11:30-11:45 am.
At these sites in total I did see Bufflehead, Common Goldeneye, Common
Loon, Mallard, Black Duck, Red-breasted and Common Merganser and Horned
Grebes, plus the usual 3 gulls.
At the Point there was a mixed feeding group fairly close to the private
beach there, including Goldeneye (as Pipit saw), but I didn't see the
Harlequin with them or otherwise within bino range. (of course not to say
it isn't still out there somewhere waiting to reappear when I am not there)
(Also, didn't see any sandpipers anywhere.)
A bit nippier today (low 30's and some northerly wind) than it has been by
the Lake, but still nicer than it could be at this time of year!
Larry Haugh (Shelburne)