Hello VT "Beeks":

I was happy to see more than the usual suspects in our yard this
morning: 2 WT Sparrows...one white, one tan crown scratching for seed
near one of our feeders and romping in the tangled growth beneath a
hedgerow. Nice! May these southerly and easterly winds are sending them
back to VT... Also, I scattered some seed on the ground, so perhaps
this was an invitation to them.

The usuals in our yard:  Our cadre of BC Chickadees, 2 Downy Woodies, a
few Mourning Doves, Blue Jays and I could hear WB Nuthatches in our
woods, but no sighting.  Had a Purple Finch earlier in the week, but
one and done for him...

Also, has anyone been hearing some chirps in the night? The past 2
nights I have around 2:00 to 3 am (I am often insomniac). Couldn't ID
by voice...anyone else hear this or some thoughts about what it might
be??

Good Birding...

dawna Foreman
on Joslin Hill, in Waitsfield