First, I hope this discussion is OK for posting to this forum.   I
certainly invite the moderator to cut it off if inappropriate....

As a novice birder, I have invested in modest optics, to wit a Yukon
dual range zoom spotting scope (6-25x & 25-100x), about $325.   It's
been good to me, and well worth the price, but is not as bright as I'd
hoped, the 80-100x range is of limited use under 80% of conditions, and
the resolution/sharpness could be a bit better.  Now, I'm ready to move
on to optics with greater brightness and resolution and with better
digiscoping prospects.    I guess I could read reviews for the next
month, but I am actually much more interested in finding a location
where I could actually compare scopes, hands-on.    Can anyone recommend
a source of comparative info on scopes, and even better, a location
where I could shop and compare optics first hand?   Please reply off list...

Many thanks,

Terry