Dear Fellow Bird Enthusiast,

Although I live in CT I signed up for VTBIRD seveveral weeks ago and have enjoyed reading your postings. My husband Nate and I purchased property in West Woodbury, VT last year and try to get there as often as possible. I thought some of you might have some suggestions for birding spots that are close to us. I have spotted/heard a few neat things at the propety but I am convinced we would see/hear more if we wern't always working on some project or another.

Another question I have is related to the American Woodcock which I have only heard. As soon as it gets dark it  spends a good hour flying the lenghth of the field back and forth. I believe it spends the day in a damp/wet high grassy area at the lower end of the property. My question is - will we ever see it? I thought I read in one of the postings that someone saw one before dark. Are they migratory? I did not hear it 2 weeks ago when we were there.

And finally, does anyone have any thoughts/feelings about putting up bluebird houses when we are not there on a daily/regular basis to monitor them?

Thanks for your thoughts/ideas in advance,
Anita Mueller